so do people vote for themselves

ugafan

Looking for a woman
are people allowed to vote for themselves with these festivals? if so, would that give an advantage to the films with several dvxusers working on a project versus someone who is going it alone?
 
If you honestly believe your film is the best, then I guess you should vote for it. But if you vote for your own film even if you know someone else is better? That just seems dishonest.

Vote for the best film, regardless of who made it.
 
If you honestly believe your film is the best, then I guess you should vote for it. But if you vote for your own film even if you know someone else is better? That just seems dishonest.

Vote for the best film, regardless of who made it.

good advice.
 
If you honestly believe your film is the best, then I guess you should vote for it. But if you vote for your own film even if you know someone else is better? That just seems dishonest.

Vote for the best film, regardless of who made it.
Exactly! I actually think that the option should just be removed since there are some people who will just vote for themselves. If they have a large cast/crew here on DVX... then that could sway things.

Why bother trying to weed that out?
I'm sure that most people here are pretty honest though.

Just my 2 cents.

Mike
 
If you honestly believe your film is the best, then I guess you should vote for it. But if you vote for your own film even if you know someone else is better? That just seems dishonest.

Vote for the best film, regardless of who made it.


Lets hope there's alot of honest people here then, otherwise we're kinda screwed.
 
I wonder if any one is making several DVXuser accounts, and then signing in on all of them and voting for them self!

But Barry said it, just be honest!

I think when I entered the Toronto Film festival, and when it came to Audience choice, I voted for another team, so honesty is always good.
 
I wonder if any one is making several DVXuser accounts, and then signing in on all of them and voting for them self!

But Barry said it, just be honest!

I think when I entered the Toronto Film festival, and when it came to Audience choice, I voted for another team, so honesty is always good.

in past fests, you had to have a minimum of (100?) posts to be eligible to cast a vote.
 
Not to mention we can match i.p's to multiple usernames if we suspect something like that warrants looking into... which takes about 10 seconds to look into :)

Rules state you can vote for any film that you think deserves it b/c it was the best film. I hope that everyone would honor that. Votes have been thrown out in the past if things looked shady.

But, the more people that vote, the lesser impact any dishonest activities like that would have.

My personal opinion, I'm not too big on the whole voting for yourself thing... I might abstain entirely from voting b/c I will be an entrant in this fest (gonna, gonna finish). That's just me and not a knock on anyone one way or the other. Just feels a bit weird to me. So, I'll probably just try to make the effort to give better and more thorough feedback in folks threads this time, and abstain from voting.

Later,
Jason
 
From seeing the BTS in some threads for Lovefest, I think I already have in mind who I'd vote for...BUT, I guess it doesn't really matter, cause it could all change in the final output.
 
It's unlikely I'd vote for my own not because of moral reasons, but I'm usually far more critical of my own films than I am of other's work. Just knowing everything that's wrong with my film even when most people don't even notice.

Plus I've seen other people's BTS and have been rather intimidated.
 
Back
Top