kecorcoran
Well-known member
Re: So Adobe screwed us, Now what do we do?
Just to back up my statements, I may do some tests doing a frame-by-frame comparison of the outputs of both methods (i.e., 24p in a 29.97 timeline vs. 24p in a 24p timeline exported as 24p). However, work is kind of busy right now so I may not get to it until the weekend.
Yes, in my opinion, 24pa is best for PPro 1.5. (I'm curious as to what others think, though.)
My opinion might change later with bug fixes or future versions that might provide a useful "Interpret Footage" function.
But somebody at Adobe decided DVX100 users would never, ever want to use 24p footage in a 29.97 timeline, and would prefer to *always* have the pulldown removed -- thereby defeating the flexibility of 24pn to go either way.
As a result, in PPro 1.5, 24pn works like a buggier version of 24pa. Sad but true.
Just to back up my statements, I may do some tests doing a frame-by-frame comparison of the outputs of both methods (i.e., 24p in a 29.97 timeline vs. 24p in a 24p timeline exported as 24p). However, work is kind of busy right now so I may not get to it until the weekend.
Yes, in my opinion, 24pa is best for PPro 1.5. (I'm curious as to what others think, though.)
My opinion might change later with bug fixes or future versions that might provide a useful "Interpret Footage" function.
But somebody at Adobe decided DVX100 users would never, ever want to use 24p footage in a 29.97 timeline, and would prefer to *always* have the pulldown removed -- thereby defeating the flexibility of 24pn to go either way.
As a result, in PPro 1.5, 24pn works like a buggier version of 24pa. Sad but true.