should i buy a hard case

Hey.

Just wondering what you guys think i should do ive got a DVX100 and i was wondering if i need to fork out for a hard case for it. or can a i get away with a bag. also what bags/cases would you recomend. i can't find a UK online shop selling the panasonic case, if anyone knows anywhere i could obtain one of those that would be usefull.

all coments apreciated
 
Doesn't it depend on places you plan to bring your DVX? If you think it might get torn up, get a hard case. My DVX goes nowhere unless it's in my pelican case.
 
If the dvx is your only camera I would suggest to get a case! Prevent dust, scratches, bumps, store battery, tapes, plates, etc.

Very convenient and safe thing to get. First try going to walmart to look for hard cases, I paid soo much for mine, but I saw something that looked similar at walmart/hardware stores. If you can't find it there, bhvideo or adorama
 
I found a hard case to be cheaper than a lot of the good bags available for the dvx. My next case purchase was going to be a hard case and the price was the kicker for me.
 
Get a hard case from ebay for $50. Mine is over a year old and still works great. Big enough for the camera and a bunch of my gear too.
 
I recommend a Pelican case (i.e. peli 1600). They are expensive but your camera is very well secured.
 
I just ordered a pelican 1510, after I did some researches first hand in stores. I found it for 150 including shipping from Adorama. This case basically fits the DVX, batteries, tapes, charger, maybe a boom mic or a couple filters.... it is the biggest size that is allowed as carry on luggage on airplanes. Thats why I went for it.... do not want to check in my camera.
 
I have a Pelican 1600 too, for my XH A1. It's worth every penny. I bought it for an expedition to Siberia, but realized I can't live without it anymore. (Well, maybe I can, but we've grown together the past few months).
 
hey guys, thanks for all the advice. a lot of you seem to have pelican cases, i'm looking into that, they look realy good, anybody else out there have any expericence with any other brands, is it like pelican are the one and only "the best" and everything else just wishes it was a pelican. or are their other cases that will offer the same ammount of protectoion.
 
DivotDan - hey that looks like a really good deal but im in the UK so after i pay postage on that thing it might work out quite expensive. thanks for your help though. much apreciated.
 
I can see where that would be a problem! I have both PB and Pelican cases. I like them both a lot. I do like the Pelican more, but not so much that I would turn down a better deal on a PB......know what I mean?

If they were the same price, I'd go Pelican every time.
 
Back
Top