Shot with Go Pro HD and new flat lens housing

Wow much less blurry underwater.. although it is a pool. Thx for the post!
 
Nice indeed :)
I think that price and picture quality make this camera the POV camera to buy (over the Contour HD, VIO HD etc.).
And now they´ve updated firmware so you can switch it to PAL 50fps and even live view the output! Awesome! and for less than 300 dollars.
That´s a doddle comapred to the (probably) best POV camera on the market today, the Sony HXRMC1, which costs 3000 dollars :)
 
Nice indeed :)
I think that price and picture quality make this camera the POV camera to buy (over the Contour HD, VIO HD etc.).
And now they´ve updated firmware so you can switch it to PAL 50fps and even live view the output! Awesome! and for less than 300 dollars.
That´s a doddle comapred to the (probably) best POV camera on the market today, the Sony HXRMC1, which costs 3000 dollars :)

A doodle indeed!!! I originally bought my Go Pro HD to do underwater work. I just needed something I could dunk in a pool
every now and then without the cost & hassle of renting underwater rigs. So when I first shot with the Go Pro HD underwater
I was disappointed to learn that everything went out of focus underwater. So when I found this flat housing it was worth
$79 for a go....here is where I got it.

http://www.eyeofmine.com/gopro/underwater/
And check out this shark video.
http://vimeo.com/15273716
 
Damn, I would be petrified at that shoot :D if not dead :D
It really looks very good.

We have a JVC GZ HD7 waterproof housing and you can adjust every feature on the camera while filming, but its quite heavy, making it harder to swim (but also making the shots more stabile), you can only view what you´re shooting with a built in mirror (and that sucks). It looks like this (http://store.aikotradingstore.com/ik60unvicaho6.html). We hoped it would float, but it just sinks when you let go :D
And for that price (+the camera), you don´t get much more in real life. I´ve learned that cheaper cameras get better shots in the end, because they are smaller and you´re not affraid to destroy them :D

Can you be a bit more specific about the focus problem with the stock housing? Maybe a video example? It´s a bit of surprise for me really.
I´m considering buying this camera but this is a problem I haven´t seen mentioned anywhere.
 
Damn, I would be petrified at that shoot :D if not dead :D
It really looks very good.

We have a JVC GZ HD7 waterproof housing and you can adjust every feature on the camera while filming, but its quite heavy, making it harder to swim (but also making the shots more stabile), you can only view what you´re shooting with a built in mirror (and that sucks). It looks like this (http://store.aikotradingstore.com/ik60unvicaho6.html). We hoped it would float, but it just sinks when you let go :D
And for that price (+the camera), you don´t get much more in real life. I´ve learned that cheaper cameras get better shots in the end, because they are smaller and you´re not affraid to destroy them :D

Can you be a bit more specific about the focus problem with the stock housing? Maybe a video example? It´s a bit of surprise for me really.
I´m considering buying this camera but this is a problem I haven´t seen mentioned anywhere.

http://vimeo.com/10566113
 
Wow, seems like a serious problem with stock housing, so thanks for the tip. Looks like a must-have for underwater shooting
 
After watching the Shark video it appears that the flat housing is legit. How does the picture look with the Go Pro HD in lower light conditions. We have an underwater camera with external viewer (for ice fishing) and made a rig we could attach the Go Pro too. After our first test, finding the out of focus footage, we didn't continue to try. BUT, many of our shots will be deep in the darker water column, so I am interested to see how the camera reacts not only with the water, but also the light.
 
Back
Top