Hi Folks,
This forum is clearly inhabited by more Odyssey users than Atomos users; however, the Shogun Inferno has turned out to be a very good choice for my videography.
It does a great job recording the 240 fps 2KRAW output from my FS700 in any of three different ProRes formats. Even has "Pre-Roll" buffer function that triggers simultaneously with the camera "record" activation.
My one small gripe, that was supposedly addressed in firmware update 8.31, is that I can easily fill a 480 GB SSD with data using a combination of high frame rate and high resolution...I don't mind editing out all of the crap on a workstation in post but it's always been slightly irritating that I cannot simply erase any unwanted clips from the SSD using the Inferno in the midst of a shooting session.
Okay, so I downloaded 8.31 from Atomos' website and uploaded it onto my Inferno. Checked the Inferno "info" icon--yep, the machine reflects that 8.31 is loaded on there.
However, I do not see any new buttons or icons that appear to be related to the Secure Erase function that is alleged to be a part of this upgrade.
Anyone got any help for this?
This forum is clearly inhabited by more Odyssey users than Atomos users; however, the Shogun Inferno has turned out to be a very good choice for my videography.
It does a great job recording the 240 fps 2KRAW output from my FS700 in any of three different ProRes formats. Even has "Pre-Roll" buffer function that triggers simultaneously with the camera "record" activation.
My one small gripe, that was supposedly addressed in firmware update 8.31, is that I can easily fill a 480 GB SSD with data using a combination of high frame rate and high resolution...I don't mind editing out all of the crap on a workstation in post but it's always been slightly irritating that I cannot simply erase any unwanted clips from the SSD using the Inferno in the midst of a shooting session.
Okay, so I downloaded 8.31 from Atomos' website and uploaded it onto my Inferno. Checked the Inferno "info" icon--yep, the machine reflects that 8.31 is loaded on there.
However, I do not see any new buttons or icons that appear to be related to the Secure Erase function that is alleged to be a part of this upgrade.
Anyone got any help for this?