Searching for a Sound Designer/Foley Artist for short film

blackfilm

Member
Hello,

i'm searching for a sound designer/foley artist for my newest short film. The final piece will be around 20 min. You can find an excerpt from it here:
https://vimeo.com/125259836
pass: wandererteaser



I need the whole thing to be foley'ed, most of the action you see should be heard. Things like footsteps, clothing sounds, water ripples and so on. And also i need ambient sounds, like wind, rain, birds etc. Sound is extremely important for me, without it the film has no voice. The aim is to make a audiovisual experience, where the images and sound tell the story. I don't need any music, only sound.


This is a no budget production, so it's not possible for me to pay you a lot. But at the same time i understand that you're investing your time and it should be compensated somehow. So money is not out of the question. I would really like this to be a collaboration between 2 people who share the same taste in cinema. If you're interested in what you see please write me a message and i'll tell you all the details.


Thank you for your time.
 
That's good looking footage. I have a guy for you, but you would have to wait until he's done with a job for me! And you would probably have to pay him something for a film that long.
We are in Vermont. Where are you located?
 
Hey,

thank you for your fast reply! That's great to hear then. I'm in Lithuania, i'm thinking this to be a online collaboration. I hope that's not a problem. Could i get in touch with him? Or hear his work? Thanks again for the reply.
 
I'd like to know more about your whole piece.
I like the nature footage and I'd like to know what type of 20-minutes this will be. It there dialog and indoor stuff as well?

Here's a bit of what I do:

 
To DPStewart >

Thanks for your reply. No, there's no indoor footage and no dialogue, the whole film is filmed in nature. Actually the film is more or less finished, i still need to correct some things, like jump cuts, pacing issues and such, but it's more or less the complete thing. Your reel sounds great, you've got some high budget stuff there. But my film is completely different from what you do. There's no action whatsoever, it's more of a contemplative mood piece, than a narrative driven film. Let me know if you're still interested, i could upload the whole film on Vimeo or some other site.
 
Is the film still available or have you already found somebody to do the sound? I would definitely be interested in giving it a try. As a neophyte i don't have much to show for however i have produced a couple of soundscapes that i experimented with tonalities of sounds and love implementing that in order to create a mood. I also have two short films i am just finishing where all of the sounds were spotted, recorded, arranged and mixed by me (no use of sweeteners or sfx OR room tones from location). Please let me know if you still need someone to work on your film via email where i can send you some of my previous work. ( gadamides@hotmail.com ).
 
Back
Top