jdkhanlian
Active member
I am writing something that will have a lot of people speaking foreign languages. I am going to cast actors that speak the language and they will translate their lines for the movie. But as for writing, what do you think is the best way to put this into the screenplay so that it is not overlooked if I give it to someone else to read, but is also in keeping with traditional screenplay format? Right now, I think I may just do something like
JUAN
(In Spanish with subtitles)
Where should I put this?
I don't think that this is technically correct, since I believe what inside the parenthesis is suppose to convey emotion, not the language. Any suggestions? Thanks
JUAN
(In Spanish with subtitles)
Where should I put this?
I don't think that this is technically correct, since I believe what inside the parenthesis is suppose to convey emotion, not the language. Any suggestions? Thanks