Scene Setting suggestion??

silent07

Active member
Hey guys, before I start, I already checked all the threads with the different screen setting suggestions and pictures.

So I will be shooting a video soon and it will have a 70's feel to it. Does anyone have some good scene settings for this? I would like it to look like the film Cooley High. I'm at work so I can't post the link up. Thanks guys! I've been playin around wit he dvx100b and man, its not easy. lol
 
from what i saw on youtube it seems to have a desaturated sepia-ish look. also the set design and wardrobe seems to be a factor. the set looks like alot of browns and the wardrobe is pretty neutrall overal. (lots of browns and greys)

i cant remember now what does wat on the dvx..if i had it in front of me it would be easier. check back with u later.

However, if u can colour grade properly i'd say shoot very flat. I have a superflat custom setting on my dvx to give me alot of range in post to work with. And then u can concentrate on set design and wardrobe and ligthing.
 
Last edited:
Jambredz thanks so much for this advice! After reading this I'm like yeah thats right so you put everything in perspective for me. Definitely will do this! So just shoot flat and make my corrections in post.
 
Back
Top