Red Camera footage into a DVCPro HD 1080 24p TIMELINE

Yorigos12

Member
Anyone here ever taken RED footage and placed it into a DVCPro HD 1080 24p timeline?

I'm new to it (and fairly new to higher end editing) and assume there is probably some kind of conversion I need to do....but any help would be greatly appreciated.

The shoot is in 2 days.

Thanks!
 
You don't say what editor you're using (so I will assume FCP). I've worked with RED footage in RedCine, and I've worked with 1080p footage on a PC, but you should be able to export what you need from RedCine or Redalert. Drop that into the timeline, and you should be good to go.
 
You should probably ask for particulars on this workflow over at REDUser. I'm sure they can help you more. I don't use FCP (or a MAC) but most of them do so they should have details.
 
Back
Top