Record 1080/24p -> Output DVD, Vimeo, Blueray?

What is the best workflow to use on a PC for 1080/24p recorded material from a GH1 where the output will be a DVD and Vimeo and later Blueray? I do have Vegas 9 for editing. At what point do I convert to 30fps?
 
No offense Lindenberg, but you've gotta do some homework. This site is loaded w info. Hunt around a bit. Sounds like you've got a few variables to work with and research.

There are threads dedicated to all of these right in the home page of DVXuser :

GH1 workflow- http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/forumdisplay.php?f=178
Vegas- http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/forumdisplay.php?f=22
Output & Compression- http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/forumdisplay.php?f=32

I work on a MAC but I know there are plenty of PC owners who have inquired about numerous topics on this site, so I'm sure with a little bit of research you can find some answers.

Happy Hunting!
Z
 
The answer depends on the software you use. Her's a quick summary of what I know.

Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum ($85) comes with an add-on that lets you create DVD's but not Blue-Ray. Sony Vegas Pro ($650) has a different version of the same add-on that will create Blu-Ray disks.

Cyberlink PowerDirector ($90) can create Blu-Ray and also renders faster because it uses the GPU from your system's graphics card. But I think Vegas has better editing capabilities.

You can get a free 30-day trial for both.

In general you can only play HD quality video (1920 x 1080) on a device that has Blu-Ray capability because you need the Blu-Ray decoding software to show it. I use a PS3 game console to do this but lacking that I'm not sure how I'd get HD quality video to show on my TV.
 
Back
Top