raquetball court scene.

jonwolf

Active member
I'm working on a feature and it involves a scene inside a raquetball court. The scene has alot of dialogue and I know that the acoustics of the room will create an echo. I was wondering if there was a way around that without doing ADR?
 
Re: raquetball court scene.

A super unidirectional mic (shotgun mic) or clip on's would probably be your best bet. Also get the mic as close to the subject as possible.
 
Re: raquetball court scene.

..remember that some echo will still be ok.-it's probably best not to remove it all, unless you like spending time in post playing with acoustics. you want to make the audio sound as realistic for the environment. ie: if they are in a cave /empty collosium..its ok to have a little to alot of echo .. it really sells the set.
 
Re: raquetball court scene.

plus if they are playing at all you want the out of breath feel to some of the dialog unless they snuck in there for a little fling
 
Back
Top