Rap Video Extreme Teaser (I'll leave the link up)

artistiam

Well-known member
I Know I've been taking down links to my other work thinking I could just delete the thread completely but I was wrong.

Anyways I'm running some color correction to a vid I just shot it's about 5 seconds long.

So I'm warning you ahead of time. Shot on the xl h1 uploaded to you tube quick without trying to get the best compression.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgDShD6eNVg

Here's a longer version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPGYWwfolsU
 
Last edited:
Yeah, the compression kills it but I love that song homie!

PM me, I can hand deliver something to Mona Scott from Violators
 
It looks fine, like any other rap video out there these days. I gotta say though being black I'm pretty disappointed with music videos these days, what happened to 90's where sick videos that used narratives were coming out all the time? Now it just seems so easy. Even people I used to dream of being like, like Hype Williams and Little X have fallen off. Videos used to say something other than "I'm at a party, I'm driving an expensive rented car, I've got expensive liqour" and the occasional "i'm driving an expensive boat, or I'm on an island." It's only sort of fun when jay-z does it now, the south is too played out. Chris Milk's videos are the only ones doing it big to me right now, that guy is inventive.

Still good work though the H1 looks right regular music video quality, a few to many shots looking up at the guy though, cuz there's only trees behind him, which isn't interesting and I personally thing the puffy hat shots behind the black background are too videoish, they look kinda harsh. But then again I am viewing it on youtube.
 
Thanks Glad you liked it. On quicktime it looks amazing what I'll do is upload a quick time version for everyone's viewing.

Until I get a website but trust me on a quicktime the quality is 10 times better +

I like videos with story lines acutally I shot a story line comedy and I didn't really like the lighting and what not so I didn't add it.

But thanks for the feed back. As far as the videos now days. Your entitled to your own personal opinion right now you have to think the generation is changing along with the culture so Flossy videos will never die out in my opinion they will change My whole thing is make it flossy but like you said add a story line of some sort.

Director Okol
 
Also I know abou the visual background no budget videos get no budget backgrounds i wanted a club but couldn't get it.
 
Great Job! How much would you charge a fellow dvxuser to shot something like this. I have a song I want to make a video for. Shoot will be in Cleveland in June/July timeframe. PM me. I would like to direct it myself but Performing/Directing would be a real hassle I have tried.
Anyway the reason why you see so many of these videos is because the record labels are not putting the money into music videos like they use to. why spend 1million when 100k will work. Yeah if everyone started buying music videos like cd's yeah the budget would go up again.
 
Back
Top