:: random 100A grabs ::

Re: :: random 100A grabs ::

you know whats funny.. it seemed that they where able to get rid of the black bar on the right side of the frame... pretty cool.
 
Re: :: random 100A grabs ::

huh? is it just me, for some reason but to my eyes the grabs from the 100a seems how can i say sharper? as compared to grabs of 100, i know its not a very good comparision as most grabs if not all are compressed and not full uncompressed pics but still....

I would love too see, a side by side uncompressed image of the exact same shot froma 100 and 100a, anyway its may be pointless, the fact is 100a is an improvement..
 
Re: :: random 100A grabs ::

Kai,
Were these done with the anamophic lens or in camera 16x9?
If it was a Ana lens which one was it Panasonic or Century?
 
Re: :: random 100A grabs ::

no ana... just plain ol' letterboxed. I want to play with the squeeze mode some as I haven't yet. I'll do some tests and perhaps post more soon.
 
Re: :: random 100A grabs ::

Hey Kai, those screen caps aren't progessive. You should really see how to export full-progressive frames from your NLE. These don't show off the full resolution of the DVX100A
 
Re: :: random 100A grabs ::

Very pretty   :)

I bought a DVX-100 (no "a") a week ago, it was for a good price, but I haven't yet had the chance to do some shooting tests in locations better than my house. I hope that the stuff I get from the 100 doesn't look like crap in comparison to those shots!

-MIKE
 
Re: :: random 100A grabs ::

Hey Booggerg-
Ya I know they're 60i, stright off the firewire. I was lazy and wanted to throw something up quick. I'll go back and replace them with prog grabs soon.

John-
Unfortunately nothing that's online right now was using the dvx. It (100, not 100A) was used on a recent Bacardi piece I did however.. I'll try to post it soon.

Mike- Thanks for the compliments. You'd be amazed what you can shoot around your house. All those grabs with the exception of the ducks were shot behind my house. Nature is full of gorgeous subject matter, and usually even compliments it with one massive free 5600k bulb placed reeeeally high....  ;D
 
Re: :: random 100A grabs ::

"You'd be amazed what you can shoot around your house. All those grabs with the exception of the ducks were shot behind my house. Nature is full of gorgeous subject matter, and usually even compliments it with one massive free 5600k bulb placed reeeeally high...."

hehehe, thats true about that great bulb :D

And, I meant I haven't had much of a chance to shoot OUTSIDE my house. My kitchen is about it...got some good stuff, but didn't have any lights or anything. Clean footage though! I love the blacks being BLACK!
 
Re: :: random 100A grabs ::

Mike- dont worry. I'm willing to bet that you wont be able to tell much difference between the DVX100 and DVX100A... The "a" seems more like on-camera fixes rather than tremendous image improvement

still bothers me when pple ***** aboubt their DVX100's being obsolete ::)
 
Re: :: random 100A grabs ::

How can a camera which is head and shoulders above the rest, except the 100A, be "obsolete"?

THAT'S what gets me about the whining.

:-/
 
Back
Top