Jackson Miller
Well-known member
Hey guys. So I think this camera may be the camera for me after reading a lot of things here. I was going to go with the HMC, but I would rather have a GH1 I think.
So I've got a few questions.
1) for those of you in the US, HOW did you pre-order? With who? B and H? I tried Samy's but they didn't know anything about the camera. It wasn't even in their computer system.
2) Can you change your mind if you are on the pre-order list and decide that you don't want the camera if it ends up taking too much time or you want a different camera?
3) Is there a deposit that you have to put down and that you would lose if you canceled your order?
About the actual Camera itself:
4) Do you find yourself missing any of the added features and buttons of the HVX/DVX type camera?
5) What would one do to achieve slow, steady zooms? It seems impossible without having a servo. I hardly ever use the servo on my DVX, but I feel a little nervous not having one.
6) Would I be fine with the stock lens for a while?
7) How do the lowlight abilities compare to those of an HMC, HPX170, HVXa or DVX?
8) IMPORTANT: When the video is imported and the pulldowns applied etc, will the final length of the clip varry at all? I will be recording audio seperately and I need to make sure it matches up perfectly.
9) And then, the million dollar question, is this camera suitable for real, narrative filmmaking, and all of the demands and situations that you run into in filmmaking? remember I am caturing audio seperately.
Thanks guys. I would like to decide and preorder ASAP so I can get back to making films.
So I've got a few questions.
1) for those of you in the US, HOW did you pre-order? With who? B and H? I tried Samy's but they didn't know anything about the camera. It wasn't even in their computer system.
2) Can you change your mind if you are on the pre-order list and decide that you don't want the camera if it ends up taking too much time or you want a different camera?
3) Is there a deposit that you have to put down and that you would lose if you canceled your order?
About the actual Camera itself:
4) Do you find yourself missing any of the added features and buttons of the HVX/DVX type camera?
5) What would one do to achieve slow, steady zooms? It seems impossible without having a servo. I hardly ever use the servo on my DVX, but I feel a little nervous not having one.
6) Would I be fine with the stock lens for a while?
7) How do the lowlight abilities compare to those of an HMC, HPX170, HVXa or DVX?
8) IMPORTANT: When the video is imported and the pulldowns applied etc, will the final length of the clip varry at all? I will be recording audio seperately and I need to make sure it matches up perfectly.
9) And then, the million dollar question, is this camera suitable for real, narrative filmmaking, and all of the demands and situations that you run into in filmmaking? remember I am caturing audio seperately.
Thanks guys. I would like to decide and preorder ASAP so I can get back to making films.