Okay, so this new camera with JVC's repackaged HDV is not supported by NLEs as yet, but can anyone make an educated guess as to what kind of system will be needed to edit 720/24p smoothly, given that it will have a GOP of 6 frames (as opposed to 12/15 on the Z1) at a lower data rate than DV?
At the moment I'm running FCP on a dual 877. According to Apple, requirements for DVCPRO HD = 1GHz or faster single or dual processors and 1GB of RAM.
For a lot of people like me, who have systems around or below that requirement, this is an issue. To get up and running with the HVX I'm going to need to invest in a new system, but if I could edit the JVC footage with what I've got... well, that would be a deciding factor (DVCPRO would be nice, but the JVC may win on lens/form)
Anyway, an educated guess?
At the moment I'm running FCP on a dual 877. According to Apple, requirements for DVCPRO HD = 1GHz or faster single or dual processors and 1GB of RAM.
For a lot of people like me, who have systems around or below that requirement, this is an issue. To get up and running with the HVX I'm going to need to invest in a new system, but if I could edit the JVC footage with what I've got... well, that would be a deciding factor (DVCPRO would be nice, but the JVC may win on lens/form)
Anyway, an educated guess?