Problems importing P2 Footage into FCP S2

cpfirman

New member
I am taking over a film project from another editor. I am having trouble importing the P2 footage from an external drive into FCP Studio 2. When I open log and transfer, I can see the clips in the left column. However, when I drag the clip into the queue, I get a red exclamation point and the status is "idle." Also, I can't see the clips in the preview window. The preview window is black, although the footage counter is working. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.
 
Are you importing the original P2 card files?
It seems like if you were taking this over from a current editor that you would just be dealing with Quicktimes that were already imported.

Not sure what the issue is - but have you tried ejecting the volume from the log and transfer window and reimporting it?

It sounds like there might be an issue with FCP not being pointed to the correct files.
Just a total shot in the dark.
 
Back
Top