Prices are going up. Should I buy now?

Foster Kane

Well-known member
According to some reports, there is about one month worth of special parts available for certain types of electronics. Factories in Japan that manufacture these parts have either shut down or cut down production. I have already seen the price of the T3I jump up.

Should I buy now or should I wait till everything gets settled?
 
That depends on if you want to shoot now or later. If you don't own a camera now, I would buy now and start shooting. If you have something that your happy shooting with, and can't afford the price now, then wait. The prices might jump up a bit, but I wouldn't think more than a hundred bucks or so for the t3i. Which is a great cam, I picked one up a couple weeks ago, and it feels much better than the t2i. Problem is the hack is for the t2i. If if dont hack get the t3i.
 
I am going to wait. I already have a camera and there is nothing pressing to shoot at this time. Assuming that nothing goes wrong, prices should stabilize by late summer.
 
I've noticed prices for the 550d jump up about $100 in the past week or two.

Keep in mind it is not just manufacturing that is effected, it is transport and exports as well.

Compared to what some people are going through, it seems trivial that we have to pay a few extra dollars. I just hope that greedy retailers are not artificially jacking up the prices to cash in off the disasters...
 
Back
Top