Premiere Pro 2.0?

Okay... let me throw this out... apple has these new mini macs out. Can you install FCP on them and edit with hi-res real-time preview? I've been with Premiere since 6.0, but the little mac is tempting me, especially after reading your message about the dvcpro and p2.

Justin
www.beyondtimemedia.com
 
from what the cineform rep said it sounds like cineform will allow for importing DVCPRO HD files in the future , but 2500.00 !!! cmon now, i like the product but ... you could buy avid xpress pro HD for alot less than that with their Dnxhd or whatever its called codec that does about the same thing and also edit naitive DVCPRO HD/50/25 at will with better 24p support than adobe has. adobe better do some licensing and seriously get their act together. premiere "pro" is losing face very quickly and could go out as quick as it came in if they dont start taking people and the product seriously. .. who knows .. maybe its all in the works..
 
i'm in the same place.

i've used premiere forever and i know it so well i hate to switch, plus i have a pretty serious pc and i don't want to have to buy a dual g-whatever they are up to now!

i have the whole adobe suite both video and creative and it would be a nightmare to switch and nearly as bad to run dual systems!

i'm starting to check out the avid stuff. i don't need HD but it sounds like only their HD package supports 24p? is that true??

matthew
 
Hi guys,

I've been on Premier since 6.0 as well, and I have the production suit too. I do a lot of After effects work with my projects. It's the integration between Premier Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop that keeps me using them. I've done post work in AE with FCP and Avid timelines. It's a pain having to have a whole other program just to move your timeline. Premier does seem slow on the pick up, but I'm going to hold out till the last minute before deciding if it's time to move to Avid. DVExpo East will be here soon in NYC. I'll see what the gang at Adobe says about DVCProHD support then.
 
jchenier said:
Okay... let me throw this out... apple has these new mini macs out. Can you install FCP on them and edit with hi-res real-time preview? I've been with Premiere since 6.0, but the little mac is tempting me, especially after reading your message about the dvcpro and p2.

Justin
www.beyondtimemedia.com
My brother just bought a mini and is running FCP HD on it, and I've played around with the machine. FCP runs okay, but the realtime playback is seriously hindered. I had to set the preview to 95% to get smooth playback. That's SD. I seriously doubt HD would play back well on a mini. For what it's worth.
 
Back
Top