Thanks everyone for all your input, good or bad. I entered "Ever Wonder?". "Love of country" was a great flick, especially at the end, because you could actually feel the tension, congratulations Barry, very gripping. Hopefully next month there will be more entries. What I can tell is that each month the bar is raised and the quality of work has improved. Let's continue to make movies!
I truley was torn. I really felt EVER WONDER was a better piece in terms of 'Cinema' or 'filmmaking'. I felt you really took great care to compose and correct and it really felt meaningful. It was the TENSION in the end that hit me in the other flick and the fact is was captured was great stufff.
I told Barry I need to see the entire debate on those people. Honestly, I was torn and it was not easy. Im not a big fan of docs anyway (I like then for learning ala Discovery).
[quote author=John Hudson link=board=contest;num=1091298768;start=30#42 date=08/02/04 at 18:31:42]I told Barry I need to see the entire debate on those people. Honestly, I was torn and it was not easy. Im not a big fan of docs anyway (I like then for learning ala Discovery).[/quote]
Wait -- did I miss something? Did one of the Barry's enter "Love of Country"? I saw where Ecoloco did the Ever Wonder short... who did the other one?
Ecoloco--Congratulations and great film--I enjoyed it and it was definitely "cinematic". I'm looking forward to your topic for August's contest--hopefully a broad theme to get a lot of participation. I'll definitely admit my piece was more of an ENG/DOC thing--which is more of my background. I'll go for something more "filmic" next time ;D
John--fantastic job on rounding up the votes--78 entries! Wow. It would definitely be nice to see more entries this month. And thanks to everyone for voting.
By the way, did I hear that the price was a copy of Vegas? Maybe I heard wrong, this was a long time ago. Whoever posted it, can you clarify?
Yes, the movie was shot on the "L" on the brown line to be exact. We were kicked out, but it was too late, everything was in the can. And Michael, I'm sorry you took it the wrong way. I would never do something to take advantage of the people who perished that horrible day. In fact, this was dedicated to all those people, because if I remember well, nobody even cared that this happened at least in this country. This is a true story and my friend's sister did get off the train before the bombings. This was just to make people think why do we humans do these terrible things. We are indeed the worst species of this planet, forget about the great white shark, at least they kill because they have to survive (no wonder they spit us out the minute they bite us, humans).
Again, thanks a lot for all the input.
Peace.
Ecoloco
[quote author=Barry_S link=board=contest;num=1091298768;start=45#47 date=08/02/04 at 18:51:39] I'll definitely admit my piece was more of an ENG/DOC thing--which is more of my background. I'll go for something more "filmic" next time ;D
[/quote]
Barry I think that your clip film was great and valuble as a product as even though it was not filmic, it did tell a story very effectivley. We need these type of great productions too!
still blocked.. it needs to be a link to the actual file.. not a web page with the file embedded. only issue is it can then be downloaded if you didnt want people to be able to download it for any reason.
[quote author=ecoloco link=board=contest;num=1091298768;start=45#48 date=08/02/04 at 20:17:50]... because if I remember well, nobody even cared that this happened at least in this country.[/quote]
It's too bad you got that impression. Around here (San Francisco) I know what many people took note and expressed their outrage and concern.
I have been to Spain a couple of times and have always found the people and the country wonderful. So, that may also be why I favored your film and message more.