Playing around with HDR

dory_breaux

Todd Wannabe
The sunset was too epic to not do it. About 3 minute walk down the street and I have some of the most photogenic beach ever.

Linkage


Let me know what you think.
 
Well you certainly picked a challenging way to do this. Into the sun? I think they look great for the most part. How many exposures of each did you use?

Larry
 
Perhaps a bit flat ... but I am impressed by the direct shooting into the sun and seeing the sun as well as fairly decent lighting on the "dark" side of closer objects. I know that is a part of what HDR is about, but still, into the sun? I totally like 8 and 9 (left to right; top to bottom) on the first page with the plants/flowers in the foreground.

Larry
 
For something like that, with such a broad range of values, you would want to shoot at least 5-7 exposures.

Next time I'll try that for sure. I was working with 3 cause thats what the exposure bracketing on my moms dSLR does as a default, and I didnt want to mess with it any further cause she gets cranky aboot it :P.

Thanks for the suggestions/comments.
 
Well, you could always shoot it manually. For a scene like this I would shoot at F8/F11, then change the shutter speed in one stop increments. I would do seven in this case just to make sure I captured it all, but some may call that overkill.
 
Well, you could always shoot it manually. For a scene like this I would shoot at F8/F11, then change the shutter speed in one stop increments. I would do seven in this case just to make sure I captured it all, but some may call that overkill.

It's not overkill if it gets the job done oneinf.
 
Back
Top