Panny's HD version of the SDX900 (or SPX800?)

dvxStephen

Active member
I've read here and there on DVXuser that Panasonic's coming out at NAB or shortly thereafter with a big brother to the HVX200. Reportedly it'll have 2/3" chips, and be vaguely along the lines of a junior Varicam, although perhaps memory-card based.

Now that the HVX about to ship, I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping to have a bit more information on the higher-level alternative. I didn't see anything about this next generation 2/3" camera on Panasonic's pro website...

Jan, is there anything you can tell us, now or soon?

Anyone else?

Thanks!

Stephen Gagne
 
tba

tba

At the recent DC expo show the rep there noted the same thing but were waiting on Panasonic to tell their sales people. If I am not mistaken, I think it's a p2 version.
 
HPX500. There are some PDF's floating around that talk about it. There's also the HPX2000, but that doesn't do variable frame rates and things like that.
 
Don't know exactly what the model number is, but my head of camera's has tried the prototype, and is about to put a large order on them, to replace our XD and SX fleet.
i've been told it has 5 P2 slot's in the side of the camera ( where you would expect the tape to go). it goes into production in feb this year. it will shoot DV, DVCpro25 DVCpro50
and DVCproHD.
it's going to retail for about £18,000 body only (approx $35,000) and a nice shiny Canon HD lens J18 or J21 will set you back another £12,000 ($21,000 ish)

ian
 
Back
Top