Panasonic A100 wearable camera

I'm surprised people are expressing a desire for an integrated screen on the A100. The GoPro doesn't have one - it's an accessory that most people don't use. As I understand it, you'll be able to connect your smartphone display to the A100 over wifi and you can use that for framing, just like the GoPro.
Why shouldn't it have a screen? Well, maybe most people who put it on their helmet and ride downhill don´t use it. But all productions I work on using GoPros (even if only occasionally) got the LCD Screen the moment it got available. Nailing the framing meant fixing the GoPro in it´s housing, taking a photo, open the housing, taking the SD card, checking on the computer and back and forth until you had it.
With the LCD (and a small mirror) I can rig GoPros much faster.
Of course the newer WiFi function is a valuable addition, but when I´m up somewhere I don´t want one hand adjusting the GoPro and the other fiddeling with my Iphone;)
 
T"Point-of-View Lifestyle Wearable Full HD Camcorder"

Translating Tehnogeek parlance
POV means it can go in places too tight for other cameras to reach. At one end of the POV spectrum, that's a pill camera that you can swallow ;). Normally, it's just a small camera head tethered to a recorder. Eventually, the tether will be a wireless connection directly to net enabled device ( smartphone/tablet etc)
Lifestyle = whatever the Millennials are doing at a particular moment
Wearable= you can attach it to eyewear, hats, helmets, uniforms etc The ultimate wearable POV's have been spycams. Cops use them all the time ( earworn)
I want one for my gun ;)
 
Back
Top