PAL: Wednesday in London

I used to skate at southbank, would be a bit scared to take my HVX their without backup theese days.
Well done and you still have your camera :O)
 
Amr Toukhy said:
Does the Pal HVX200 record variable frame rates !! what are they !!!

12 = 12.5fps
18 = 17.86fps
20 = 19.74fps
23 = 23.15fps
25 = 25fps
27 = 27.17fps
30 = 29.76fps
32 = 32.14fps
37 = 36.76fps
48 = 48.08fps
50 = 50fps

These 720/25pn rates can be stored on the P2 card, but cannot be got off using FCP. I converted to DV in the camera and imported that.
 
Nice footage.

The shots on the thames going past buildings looked great and the magic hour/slightly later shots had a really nice feel to them.

Any info on the camera settings you used for the buildings and bridge shots around night time?

I noticed the last couple of shots were quite noisy, was that with the gain on? Is there a way you could record that less noisy?

Thanks!

Majormorgan.
 
mm,

The scene was based on Cine D:

Detail: +1
V Detail: 0
Detail Coring: +3
Chroma Level: +2
Chroma Phase: 0
Colour Temp: 0
Master Ped: -3

This footage has put through DV and compression, so the only relevant setting is probably the Chroma Level of +2.

The night-time stuff was with a gain of 12dB. I suppose I could have recorded at 6dB and colour corrected, but I didn't(!)


Alex
 
hcBeck,

Thanks for the heads up !

Looks like the HVX will perform very well.

Just so I know, did you note the shutter speed and F stop for those shots?

Also, did you rely on just the LCD display and gauge the exposure by eye or did you expose with a meter?

I'll be ordering mine around summer, but I can't wait to get my hands on it !!

Thanks!

Majormorgan
 
Last edited:
majormorgan said:
hcBeck,

Just so I know, did you note the shutter speed and F stop for those shots?

Also, did you rely on just the LCD display and gauge the exposure by eye or did you expose with a meter?

The night stuff was mainly fully open (F2.8). I kept most of the rest between F2.8 and F6.8. I kept the shutter angle at 180°.

I used the viewfinder exclusively with EVF DTL on all the time. I didn't bother with Focus Assist as I knew all was going to DV.

I didn't use a meter, did it by eye.



Alex(andre)
 
Thats great !

I always worry that the stuff I judge by eye on the viewfinder will be badly exposed, but it hasn't yet. With HD being so more detailed and sensitive to light I worry that is where I will notice it going wrong.

Also I plan on getting a 35mm lens adaptor so I hope to pick up even faster lenses to help me in low light situations.

The info is really handy so thank you for sharing that !

Kindest regards,
Majormorgan
 
Back
Top