PAL DVD contrast problem

studio1972

Well-known member
I am getting a strange problem with footage from my 151.

When I look at the footage on my Mac it seems fine, it also seems fine if I plug the camera into the TV via HDMI.

However, after editing in FCE and burning to DVD using iDVD (PAL 16:9 format) it seems like the contrast has increased, with blacks looking too dark being the main feature, but also some peoples faces looking too white.

I used the standard scene file (no. 1) during recording and recorded in 1080i 50.

Any advice on how best to prevent this?

I was thinking:

1. Record in Cine D (or turn on DRS)

and/or

2. Apply a broadcast safe filter in FCE

much appreciated,

Stu
 
Last edited:
Maybe you can try changing your render setting. Cause for me it sounds like a problem that is coming from the rendering stage.
 
Back
Top