NX5U clamp mounted on the handle ??

novoluc

Active member
Some time ago I saw somewhere on the net a clamp that was designed to be placed on the handle and allow the mounting of a small head ball or accessory. Dumb me I though I would surely remember and sure enough I forgot the name of the outfit selling it. Now I got a Ninja 2 that needs to be mounted on a NX5U... All that to say that if you know about what I'm talking about (or something that would work in the same way) I would appreciate if you could share the address. I'd rather have the Ninja 2 mounted on the handle, toward the back, than on the side or on some rods, which would need a base etc... and make the camera more bulky than I would like.
A long post for a simple question...

L.
 
Micro ball head with cold shoe mount like this?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/683655-REG/Manfrotto_492LCD_492LCD_Micro_Ball_Head.html

If that's what you are talking about, then, from personal experience, the Manfrotto unit is of excellent quality, and very smooth action, and "locks loosely" allowing a device to be swiveled without having to make adjustments to the knob, however it does stick up further than some Chinese knockoffs you can get on Ebay. The downside of the knock-offs is that they are either locked in place, or flopping around loose, requiring you to adjust the knob every time you want to swivel your device.

If that's not what you are talking about, then sorry, I just don't understand your question...
 
Last edited:
Ahh, ok, I'm sorry, I just didn't completely understand your description. I see now.

I just wanted to mention that the Manfrotto Micro Ball Head with the cold shoe mount does not have any threading holes on the bottom, it just has the cold shoe thing on the bottom. The cold shoe piece is held in place with a large, beveled flat blade screw, which thwarted my attempt to remove it using a large screwdriver and a vice.

I found it easier to just buy the normal Manfrotto micro ball head, rather than trying to double purpose (and maybe damage) the cold shoe one:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/660317-REG/Manfrotto_492_492_Micro_Ball_Head.html
 
Back
Top