November Contest Entry

Bischofftep

Well-known member
Re: November Contest Entry

The submission guidelines specify that the films are supposed to be uploaded by two days before the end of the month, midnight: that was last night.

If I goofed, my bad, but the contest organizer suggested I upload since nobody else appeared to have an entry. I hope I'm wrong, but there goes the anonymous factor!
 
Re: November Contest Entry

..i guess i hadnet read that. the guidlenes seemed to be splattered all over the place here. ;) i liked your film by the way, great job!


.. i think that if you are the only entrant that we need to shorten it up to a month again cause other wise its something people just arent in any hurry to do and then are too late.. it also needs a banner on the site or something for advertisement.. better placement at least. :-/
 
Re: November Contest Entry

Thanks for watching & your kind words!

I do agree that having the contests be more publicized would increase interest, and might also drive up site traffic (if that's a goal of the organizers). Either way, the real goal of the contests was definitely satisfied: I learned a great deal from this shoot & the post-production!
 
Re: November Contest Entry

I think it's great too! Good job.

When the mom picks up the photo, a little kid jumps up and says something, What's he say?
 
Re: November Contest Entry

Pretty cool. Filmed well, could have used some closure though. Nice entry.
 
Re: November Contest Entry

Wow. I liked this! A little rough around the edges but definately cool! I really enjoyed this piece. The tension was great in the dark room. Good job! Nice music and great ending.

Well done! Even if there were some more entries, I wonder how they wouldhave fared? The push zoom effect when she snapped the photo was great!

The only entry? We gotta fix this contest thing; no support, no announcements, no sponsors.
 
Re: November Contest Entry

I would have done one, but my DVX was in the shop... but it's out now!

So watch out December's contest!
 
Re: November Contest Entry

Doug--Bravo! That was very well done. I agree--the blur/zoom ending on the shutter click was inspired. It was a very complete story although I might have added more of an element of personal menace drom the crazy-eye-dude to the photographer. Maybe ending with her nailing up a poster and *boom* the crazy-eye-dude pops up right behind her. Or maybe she turns after nailing up a poster and *whoa* -- she's become the crazy-eye-chick! Just some horror cheese from me. ::) Overall, you get big points for a nice film and being the only entrant.

John--I agree, the contest is broken. Let's fix it because I think it really adds to the site.
 
Re: November Contest Entry

..yeah, seriously ..the time period seemed so long.. i didnt even remember we had a contest until this post.. so most people were probably pretty unaware, or didnt know what to do since the rules are all over the place, and not in one clear and concise sticky post. the DVX user film contests are a cool thing to bring in new people, and get people making films. we should really encourage this more than whats done currently :-/
 
Re: November Contest Entry

I've always thought that a month is better. Give people 2 months and they start to have delusions of grandeur and plan these huge elaborate films, but then forget about them.
 
Re: November Contest Entry

[quote author=TC link=board=contest;num=1101751705;start=0#12 date=12/01/04 at 10:21:17]and they start to have delusions of grandeur.[/quote]
:D 10 coolness points for TC for using a Star Wars quote!
 
Re: November Contest Entry

Actually, Today I was fixing a digital camera for a guy, and his exposure settings were all messed up...He said let me take a photo and I'll show you what happens...He took it and the photo was reeal dark, except my eyes. They came out like this guy!

My customer ran away... :'(

;D
 
Re: November Contest Entry

[quote author=Phil link=board=contest;num=1101751705;start=0#14 date=12/01/04 at 10:31:41]My customer ran away...  :'(

;D[/quote]

I knew I was onto some dark secret!! ;)

Seriously, thank you all for the kind words. I've made a few edits to the video since it was originally posted, mostly to bring out the fire in the girl's eyes and the man's eyes at the very end. I'm considering submitting it to a few short film contests & festivals, and have already put it up at http://www.mymoviefest.com where it did quite well.

Already hard at work on the next project...
 
Re: November Contest Entry

Hey Doug, right on, man. I know how it feels not to have anyone post a thing.The story was cool. What I got from it is that the guy doesn't mean to be evil (that's why he wears specs), but by accident his sight is captured in a picture. The girl develops it and then she becomes evil, starting this chain. The shot where the woman picks the picture up was a great oportunity to really whack the two kids. Another suggestion is at the end have the girl who took the picture look at this guy in the eye and instantly cure him. I don't know. Here's a little constructive criticism, though. At the begining, I think the setup dragged a little bit, you could've simplified it more. When she takes the picture of the guy, I think a shot of him looking around for his shades would've helped tell the story better. I also think the darkroom scene could've been a little shorter. The rest is great, it builds into this chain of events that lead to the guy. I think the closure needed a little more thought. All in all, congratulations. It was entertaining and fun, and the best it was pure EVIL!!!!! Good job. I hope I can participate this month.

Eco
 
Back
Top