Next Fest!

I agree.

It should be a theme that still allows for varied genres, the way twilightfest can have comedy/sci-fi/horror/thriller etc.


Not to mention, a lot of film makers don't have access to a good source of original or license free music to incorporate into a musical.
 
i was joking about the musicals cant stand them.

Damn I missed the sarcasm in text form. I hate when I do that.:beer:

Westernfest is much to specific IMHO. Well I guess you set the western mindset in modern times. It could work, just have to real creative.
 
you can have a western action, western drama, western comedy, western horror, contempory western, list goes on!

but props could get pricey,

Derrick
 
So if we do a childrens film fest does that mean we have children in it, or we let them direct it and shoot it? If the kids have to shoot and direct, I have an advantage, I've been training my little rugrats! Maybe I'll have them make a film for the next fest!
crew.jpg
 
So if we do a childrens film fest does that mean we have children in it, or we let them direct it and shoot it? If the kids have to shoot and direct, I have an advantage, I've been training my little rugrats! Maybe I'll have them make a film for the next fest!
crew.jpg

Great Shirt, beautiful family, you may be onto something with a children crew. I was thinking that my experience might stack up to the little one, but if you've been training them, perhaps I wouldn't.

Wayne
 
As I have recently posted in another thread on the same subject:

More ideas:
1. TrueFest - films inspired by true stories, facts or events. Not to be confused with films that are based on such stories or events, this fest lets you find inspiration in popular/less-known past stories or events (from the first days of the ancient history to contemporary events), and reinvent/develop them creatively in literally any way your heart tells you! The freedom of this creative challenge is enormous! you as a filmmaker may present or interpret any favorite event into a drama/action/comedy/thriller/sci-fi/crime/horror/disaster/else film, freely. I believe that's gonna make a great, very interesting and creative fest.

​
As I type more ideas here, I realize that I, personally cannot beat the first one. They all seem minor compared to it, but judge yourself! you may like these ideas more!
2. I was thinking of the option of limiting the original idea to more specific kind of events and still maintaining a free choice of genres, for examples, films inspired by real major crimes! I guess that would be a CrimeFest!

3. SolutionFest
- solve humanity's greatest mysteries! take your favorite myth and show the world it's not a myth! how did the universe begin? does God really exist? are we alone in the universe? what really happens to us after we die? is there such a thing as reincarnation? You may choose whatever mystery you want to solve your way, and present it in literally any genre desired. A lot of room for wild creativity! Working on or watching a film in which the world responds very realistically to now-officially-solved mysteries is, for me and I am sure for others as well, a rare experience. Speaking for myself, that would be the first time where I would definitely download and watch every single entry, out of pure joy.
​
4. 2100Fest - show us your vision of the year of 2100! The actual time may be a major focus of the film (as in many sci-fi movies), or equally nothing but the setting, allowing you to present for example future dramas, future crimes or else, show us your creativity!

​
Any favorites?
 
Last edited:
I would like to throw in a VETO for kids fest. After doing a piece with two 5 year olds I would like to say I will never use kids again as long as I can help it. They got mad at each other for following my directions.

I'd vote for comedy fest. This one was "why so serious" for me.
 
Back
Top