Newbie Frame Grabs -- Need Feedback

Re: Newbie Frame Grabs -- Need Feedback

Beautiful color. Everything maybe seems a bit on the dark side (not the Dark Side as in Star Wars, the dark side as in not enough light). Other than that, beautiful location. Looks like a great place to make a movie, so shoot away... after you story board, cast good actors, set-up killer sound equip and most of all, get an incredible story to tell!

Happy shooting,
Chico
 
Re: Newbie Frame Grabs -- Need Feedback

Sigh... Australia. Had a girlfriend once who wanted me to come back to live with her in Surfers Paradise. Sorry. Thats another story.

Not some bad frames.  I like the comp on:

x23, x33, x39, x48, y4 and y9

They do seem stopped down more than should be.  I imagine you had the ND in overdrive out in the sunlight.  Be sure a double check that exposure and ND on your shots.  Sometimes you can get away with 1/8th when the camera suggests 1/64 and visa versa.  

Gotta play with those elements too see how far you can step up or stop down the exposure.  Again, like the comps on the above numbers.  Congrats on getting DVX!

Beware the Dark Side  :P
 
Re: Newbie Frame Grabs -- Need Feedback

John,

Thanks for the advice. You're exactly right about having the ND in overdrive. The basic problem is that I would adjust the iris and bump up the ND until I could get the zebra markings to go away. I did some experiments yesterday and this method routinely gave me shots that were underexposed. Lesson learned. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Now if I could just get back to Australia to retake the shots!!!

On a similar note, I compared what I thought was a properly focused shot (using the viewfinder) with a properly focused shot (using a monitor) and noticed that there was a consistent difference between the two. That would explain why some of the shots were a bit fuzzy.

Thanks,
Steve
 
Re: Newbie Frame Grabs -- Need Feedback

x42 is great! good to see the great latitude the A model has. What other cam can give u properly exposed shadows and sky in the same shot?
 
Back
Top