New owner: freakin' awesome camera!

shootermg

Member
I got into dv shooting in 1999 with a Sony TRV-900, then shooting with PD-150/170, and directing a 35mm music video/steadycam. I am in awe of the functionality/quality of this camera. Yes, i drool for the HVX, but for my current project, this camera blows me away, particularly with the DOF possibilities. I can't wait to dig in to the scene settings. Any advice on 24p vs. 24a? I'll be shooting either squeeze or anamorphic lens for 4:3 TV and DVD release, so i assume a 24p timeline in FCP. Thanks and great site! (this is where i bought the camera)
 
DVXUser is a great place to find scene file settings too. We've all divulged our best settings at one point or another :)

happy shooting.
 
Thanks! i got the 100bp. Question: does the vcr mode display which scene setting was shot? I couldn't see how, other than pushing 'mode check.' Also, is there any issue switching back and forth between 24p and 60i on the same tape, if it's all going on a 60i timeline?
 
Back
Top