New Music Video

Jay Rodriguez

Coffee Member
Working on this new R&B video. The budget was a cool zero dollars and I did this yesterday by myself. Interior shots were with one 240w bulb and well, that's just about all of the equipment I used, lol.

Next Sunday we're shooting scenes with a female so we'll have a little story line incorporated in it.

http://www.itchyhousefilms.com/media_evl-09.html

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,
Jay
 
Last edited:
What 35mm adapter did you use in conjunction with the HPX? (Looks to me like the Letus Extreme).
 
Okay, I know for some of you guys filmmaking is a labour of love, but don't you think it's a bit crazy to do HD videos for nothing? In my experience, people that get something for free appreciate it less too.
 
I was only reacting to your zero budget remark. I guess if you own a lot of equipment you can make a great video with a zero budget, but I don't personally think I could do that....an average budget for a music video is $600 to $800 for me, and that is only in gear hiring expenses.
 
Jay... beautiful work! Love the look & feel, I think you really captured the artists soul.
If I was pressed to pick something that might bug me, it would be all the focus pulls....but that's only if pressed!

Really a beautiful job.
 
I would agree.... although I like the one at the end and then that downward tilt.

Jay... beautiful work! Love the look & feel, I think you really captured the artists soul.
If I was pressed to pick something that might bug me, it would be all the focus pulls....but that's only if pressed!

Really a beautiful job.
 
Hey thanks guys! This was the first time in a loooong time that I used an adapter on a shoot so I was really excited about the look that it provided so pulling the focus in and out was just fun for me to do lol. I did a shoot yesterday with it and finished the rough edit today. I shot it using the same style (pulling focus in and out) and I now feel like I got it out of my system because this time around, the footage is annoying me a bit.

Thanks for your input though.
 
Back
Top