New E-mount Lenses

Looks good! So comparing to SELP 18200... this new lens is half price, and half telephoto range - correct?
Also the new lens is F4 through out. Very tempting at $600 I can see myself using this lens a lot outdoors and in some churches at my event gigs.
 
Pulled the trigger on it. I wanted the Sigma 18-35mm 1.8 but to utilize one lens at the ceremony/parks at my events is a awesome thought. With it being only $598 and F4 through out and can use the zoom rocker on the FS700 and the lens length stays the same. I'll take it!
 
18-105 f4 seems very good way . It is G class , so should be sharp like canon L . And this is one condition to take out money from my pocket . I hope to see sharp picture straight from f4 .
 
wow non-telescoping internal zoom too? must get.

too bad sony isn't releasing it earlier... i suspect only to protect the zeiss 16-70.
 
F4 that's why....F4

Naaah, F4 is very usable on a camera such as the FS700. It's a motorized zoom that can be used with the cameras zoom rocker, it's length is fixed, it has a constant F4 aperture AND it's the perfect range 18-105. Pair this with the FS700 and you've got a nice documentary package.
 
The 18-105 PZ looks great. The price isn't too bad either. I seriously wish Sony would make a 28mm f2 though, but fat chance that'll ever happen. I think it's a really odd omission that Sony doesn't have a 28mm on any of their systems (alpha, NEX, or PL)
 
According this website
18-105 f4 Vs. SEL18200Date:September 4, 2013
This new lens will no doubt be an excellent lens. But the SEL18200 is also an excellent lens. There likely will not be any noteworthy difference in image quality between the two lenses. At its longest focal length, this lens is a little more than a full stop faster than the SEL18200, at the same focal length. The power zoom control on this lens no doubt will work very well indeed, for shooting video, but won't provide any real advantage for shooting still images. This lens evidently will cost less, but this isn't enitirely certain, and will depend on whether it is possible to find discounts for either lens. The two lenses are very nearly identical in size and weight. But the SEL18200 extends to focal length nearly twice as great, and its active steady shot stabilization works amazingly well. It remains to be seen whether this lens will have the active form of optical steady shot. All in all, it is not the least bit apparent whether this lens will be more desirable than the SEL18200, especially for anyone who mainly does still photography




It is too early to say anything , but I wish to see much better quality then what I see from 18-200 . 18-105 F4 is G class lens !!!
 
Back
Top