This may turn into another one of those speculation threads but I'm really only trying to get my question answered.
I'm asking this question because it's very close to the time where I'll be buying a camera, preferrably the 100b, and I don't want to buy this camera and then they release a newer version.
Now that it's after NAB, and they've lowered the price of the DVX100b, and still no new camera (in the same price range as the DVX/HVX) has been introduced, is it okay to get a DVX100b now and still be with the same technology for atleast 6 months?
Now I know there's going to be "If you wait, you'll never get the camera, something new is always coming out" but let me give an example: I got my Powerbook one week before they introduced the MacBooks. My technology isn't obsolete but it's not the same technology as what they're selling on the shelves.
The DVX price drop combined with NAB has raised a lot of questions.
Could a similar scenario happen with the DVX100b? Will Panasonic be introducing a new camera to "fill the gap" between the DVX and HVX soon? Should I buy the DVX (soon) and whatever happens happens?
I'm asking this question because it's very close to the time where I'll be buying a camera, preferrably the 100b, and I don't want to buy this camera and then they release a newer version.
Now that it's after NAB, and they've lowered the price of the DVX100b, and still no new camera (in the same price range as the DVX/HVX) has been introduced, is it okay to get a DVX100b now and still be with the same technology for atleast 6 months?
Now I know there's going to be "If you wait, you'll never get the camera, something new is always coming out" but let me give an example: I got my Powerbook one week before they introduced the MacBooks. My technology isn't obsolete but it's not the same technology as what they're selling on the shelves.
The DVX price drop combined with NAB has raised a lot of questions.
Could a similar scenario happen with the DVX100b? Will Panasonic be introducing a new camera to "fill the gap" between the DVX and HVX soon? Should I buy the DVX (soon) and whatever happens happens?