need help deciding about HD100

Hi, I have a DVX100a which I love, but feel i've learned enough to take advantage of some better equipment.

I had decided on the andromeda mod, but then a thread I started in the HVX section turned into a "downconvert HD100 footage" thread.

Soooooo, can anyone here tell me about downcoverting HD100 footage to creat 4:4:4 480p footage?

Also, at the JVC website, in regards to the HD110 they say:

"Live 720/60P analog component output (4:2:2 equivalent)"

can someone explain this to me?

All help appreciated!

THANKS
 
Cheesesailor77 said:
"Live 720/60P analog component output (4:2:2 equivalent)"

all the 1/3 chip HD cameras output uncompressed 4:2:2 signals
via component or a HD-SDI output. This means you could capture
uncompressed 8 bit HD into a desktop pc /mac with a decklink or black
magic capture card.

This would be the highest quality you could shoot at.
 
Uhh no cheapest way.

There's no capture card available for Laptop platforms.

You have to build the best portable solution for yourself if you aren't going to rent/buy a deck.
 
That box is standard-def only and doesn't have firewire.

You are not going to be able to capture uncompressed HD onto a laptop, unless maybe someone comes out with an ExpressCard solution. No other connection is fast enough. And even then you'll need some sort of RAID to handle the data stream.
 
Back
Top