Need a little help

klitch

Member
I'm currently in the market for a camera, I'm stuck trying to decide between the Sony V1U and the Panasonic HVX 200. With either camera I'm going to get a 35mm adaptor to get myself that crisp depth of feild. but with this much $$ going out I'm not 100% sure which one is the better fit, I'm looking to shoot a suspense/thriller in a wide variety of locations, indoors, outdoors. any help is appreciated. thanks.
 
Personally...I'd go with the HVX 200 (A model if you can...lower noise). The HVX seems to have a better amount of options for film making...great overcranking and undercranking with the variable frame rates, the panasonic color mojo...which has been used with just a DVX on several feature films. Make sure you account for P2 cost and workflow, though. If you don't want to deal with that, I'd go with a Canon A1s or HMC150( which is on sale at B and H and Adorama right now) Also there's a couple of guys selling HMC150s, A1s and HVXs here on the Marketplace.
 
Back
Top