N Florida- Springs & Prairie

groveChuck

U-matic Member
Shot this in December on a holiday road trip from S Florida to N Florida to see family.



http://vimeo.com/9221854

One location on the trip up, the other on the way home.
Sunny, golden light at one, cloudy and gray at the other.
Unfortunately, left the sticks at home.

The springs are a beautiful blue-green, which you can't see too well because of the reflection of the golden light on the trees (I traded the green for gold, I guess).

Graded in Magic Bullet Looks.
Did the middle part B & W because of the tree cover and cloudy, blown out sky.
Ran out of light in the last part.

Very tranquil.

Let it load, watch Full Screen.


Questions/comments welcome.
 
Wish I had known you were around. I would have loved to go out and do some shooting. And I always have a spare set of sticks...
 
Hey Perrone,
You're in Tally, right?
This is outside Gainesville, on my to and from Tally.

A little family footage turned into a unplanned nature shoot (and leg stretcher).
Nice offer. Thanks, man.
 
yow Chuck wsup. I actually did watch it when you posted it...i thought i commented. Old age i guess...all of 27 lol.

Overall i like it. Liked the colours...the golden look of the trees and the greens. I did feel as though i was seeing shots over and over though in the first sequence (even if they were in fact different). I was also looking for a shot right in above water level :)

I like that pan tilt shot at 2.02.

the Black and white shots look like a dreamy scene. i like.

3.09 to the end is my favourite part by far though. looks like a film.

Didnt like the music though :D
 
Thanks man.
Not sure why it felt like you were seeing shots repeated, maybe the limited shore to shoot from and the water shots were always either green or gold?
True, a water level shot would be nice.

B&W also had diffusion in MB, was def going for dreamy, thanks.

The last part, at dusk, had a very cool WB, so I used a warm filter (plus contrast, vignette and a few others) in MB, plus I had 3db gain for the low light.
Does look a little filmic, thanks.

The music is a matter of taste (mine! ha ha!)
Like or not, I thought it fit for the dreamy paradise feeling I was going for.
What type/feel music do you think you would try here? Just curious.

Thanks for watching!
 
Hey Perrone,
You're in Tally, right?
This is outside Gainesville, on my to and from Tally.

A little family footage turned into a unplanned nature shoot (and leg stretcher).
Nice offer. Thanks, man.

Yea, I'm in Tally. If you let me know in advance next time, I can head down that way. Maybe get in some SCUBA dives, and do some shooting.
 
Cool. I dive, but ocean, not fresh or caves.
I used to shoot a lot of U/W stills, wrecks 'n reefs, but don't shoot much U/W vid for some reason.
I'll keep in touch, my mom lives in Tally. Thanks, man.
 
Yep, paradise... right now- 72.
Humid Hell in the month of MayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctober...

SD's pretty nice!

Man, my vid must suck if we're talkin' bout the weather!!! lol!
Drogar-Dum%28DBG%29.gif
 
Back
Top