my friends said no more slow motion with your FS700. I tell them. I can't help it.

It's a fantastic feature no doubt, but when it's one shot after another in slow motion I tend to zone out after a little while - if nothing's happening in "real-time" I think you start to get a sense that nothing particularly important or immediate is going to happen.

I think slow-motion is better used to highlight or accent regular speed footage for that reason.

Lovely exposure and framing though Dao May.
 
Looks great dude. Remember, haters be hating. No one ever developed any unique style by listening to the mob. If everyone edited/shot video by following the exact rules laid out by the majority we'd all have the same videos. That's how I feel anyway. Sometimes this site is too critical of things it can't just be a fun video. Looks like he had a fun time at a concert, got some great shots and then shared it with a "supportive" online community. Thanks for sharing man, I enjoyed it.
 
I think you guys are right it does lack creativity and perhaps I have to mix it up a bit. I want to shoot more peoples dancing and looking all happy in front of my camera but it is so hard when I am not part of the media crews. I haven't been shooting that much because my friends has been hiring my camera for 30 days which I am getting $220 per day for...I am stuck with the kit lens but they have just transfer $6600 into my account. Next month they will hire it again for 15 days. I think that might go toward the F5 hehe. On the 15th of Feb I get the camera back. I am hopping to shoot some more stuffs and work on my creative skills. I am on this site everydays and I hope I will better from reading and watching the pro work they magic. I don't shoot to make money. I just shoot cause I love shooting. I am also waiting for the new MACPRO instead of buying the 27inch IMAC...Since they said the MACPRO will be arrive around spring. Thanks guys for taking the time to give me negative or positive feeding...at the end of the day it is the only hobby I love that doesn't involved doing it for money.
 
Timing is everything. Trim the cuts to 1/3 length, and cut on each music measure.

Cheers.

Sorry Admit Could you please explain to me a bit better. Does 1/3 meaning shorten the clips and cut on each music mean match the clips with song better. Sorry mate I am still new at this.
 
Wow no price break for a 30 day rental at 220 a day?!?! You are one lucky man and whoever is renting your camera doesn't know anything about business lol. By the time that 45 days is over they could just own an FS700. Or they could have bought one and sold it for like a loss of 1,000. Typically, at least in the markets I've worked, you provide a massive cost break for shoots that long. You can rent Reds for a month for less than half that here.
 
The guys at Lemac.com.au are charging $320 a day for the FS700. I am charging them only $220 a day. In Australia, everything are over price. They have been waiting for the 2 Black Magic cameras since November. They said they probably won't received the BMC until August so they decided to skip it and save up for the F5. Knowing that the work they do are in a studio environment make me very happy. They use RED for most of they works before my FS700. I think the camera's man prefer the FS700 over the RED. F3 is $495 per day inc GST here in AUS hehe Crazy isn't it.
 
Back
Top