My first week with the 5D2

That looks great! Exactly what I wanted to see. I've found my creativity start to slip recently and my interest in film and I think this camera is just what I need to rekindle my interest! I need to go back to workarounds and guerrilla style filmmaking and really enjoy it.

Besides, with photos I'm sort of outgrowing my XTi - these new lenses need a new camera to go on.

Congrats on the new camera,

Kegan
 
Looks great Thomas. A couple of questions. You used the 50mm 1.4 Canon lens and did you let the camera auto everything?

Trying to figure out when I upgrade if I need an IS lens. I would rather go with primes and get rid of the 24-105mm IS L lens.

Some "jittering" in the front shots. Is that just a hand held + wind thing? Do you feel comfortable shooting handheld with it yet? (and I should asked - satisfied with what you can do handheld?).
Thanks for any info.
john
 
Looks great Thomas. A couple of questions. You used the 50mm 1.4 Canon lens and did you let the camera auto everything?

Trying to figure out when I upgrade if I need an IS lens. I would rather go with primes and get rid of the 24-105mm IS L lens.

Some "jittering" in the front shots. Is that just a hand held + wind thing? Do you feel comfortable shooting handheld with it yet? (and I should asked - satisfied with what you can do handheld?).
Thanks for any info.
john

I guess I should elaborate a little - the 50mm is an FD mount lens (all manual, no auto), so I had to use an adapter to connect the FD to the EF mount of the 5D2. This way you have total manual control of the aperture. shutter speed and iso are still auto, but I can work around that. I'm still trying to figure out if there's any way to trick the camera to get the right shutter speeds.

The jittering is probably because i was hand held, and it was a tad windy. But, I think sometimes the hand held look is fine with me, it just depends on the situation and what kind of look you want. For my professional gigs, I'll be using a tripod almost always.
 
Last edited:
Who said there's no 24p going with Canon?

Who said there's no 24p going with Canon?

It does seem it is possible to get a 24p outcome with this camera, anyway. Sorry, I just couldn't avoid to notice. ;-)
 
Back
Top