My first shoot with the fs700 :: Findlay Hats

racejones

New member

We rented the fs700 for a weekend to shoot a promo for a new hat company based out of Portland, Oregon that's geared to water sport enthusiasts. I had such a good time shooting with the camera and utilizing the super slow motion feature for a lot of these shots that I sold my car a week later and decided to buy the fs700. I shoot a lot of extreme sports so it just made sense haha. Anyway, feedback is appreciated, thanks!

"Findlay Hats are both fashionable and functional. The lace on the brim is colorful and distinctive but besides its style, this lace doubles as a strap that can be used to keep the hat on your head while doing different activities. The inside stash pocket adds a place to store your ID, cash or keys. With this hat you're ready for anything.

So jump into the water, climb mountains, go surfing or just hang out with friends. Findlay Hats are here to keep your hat on your head and to keep you looking good."
 
Very impressive! I don't personally wear hats, but I have some action-sports buddies who would really like these, I'll forward them the video. Thanks for sharing!
 
Pretty cool video! I liked it. I hope you have great success with the camera. It's the camera of my dreams (because i'm not a pro), since i'd love to shoot some sports car documentaries with it. I think it's the perfect tool for shooting auto racing!

Dave
 
the fs700 does dreamy slo-mo so very well.

nice camera choice for your hat film.

care to share?

lenses?

picture profile?

thanks in advance.

be well.

rob
smalltalk production/nyc
 
the fs700 does dreamy slo-mo so very well.

nice camera choice for your hat film.

care to share?

lenses?

picture profile?

thanks in advance.

be well.

rob
smalltalk production/nyc

Yea for sure.

Lenses used:
Rokinon 14 f/2.8
Canon 24 f/1.4 L
Canon 50 f/1.2 L
Canon 85 f/1.2 L
Canon 8-15 f/4 L
Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L
Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L IS
Canon 400 f/2.8 L


These lenses were all used with the Metabones Speedbooster as well.

Picture Profile used: http://noahyv.com/v2/fs700-picture-profile-guide/
 
Last edited:
Most of the gear that we used for this shoot! Minus the 400 and a couple of others :)
 

Attachments

  • findlay-gear.jpg
    findlay-gear.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top