My first DVX short film, Please advise

Jeffrey_Liou

New member
This is my first post here !
I'm an amateur photographer, shooting video is just my hobby. I used to shoot with SONY VX2000 for 2 years. Since I have great interest in DVX100A and a friend kindly let me use his DVX100 for 1 week to get familiar with the machine.
The short movie was shot in a Chinese style small park in Taipei, the light was not good in that late noon, I used preset white balance 5600k all the time. Below is the detail setting:

24PN
detail -4
chroma 0
setup 0 Master Ped -6
color temp -2
gama normal
matrix cine-like
auto iris -2
v-detail thin

edited by Vegas 4 in 60i timeline.

Please take a look and let me know if the color tone looks strange to you.

http://www.dvworld.com.tw/movie/love park.zip
 
Re: My first DVX short film, Please advise

I've tried a couple of times to view these clips but they are ashtonishingly slow to download so have had to give up :(

Sam
 
Re: My first DVX short film, Please advise

Jeffery,
I like your post. It is a bit of a differnt color... but that could be easy my monitors. The file is huge...... and it is slow to download but I just had to see it.
 
Re: My first DVX short film, Please advise

Jeffrey dude ...i have to admit ..you have a very nice sense of direction..Beautiful footages...especially the couple scene was very cinematic... 8)...nice DOF there ...overall was a very pleasing short ...Keep up the good work
 
Re: My first DVX short film, Please advise

>>>ashtonishingly slow to download
sorry for the big files, but with ADSL of download speed up to 260kb/sec, it took less than 1 minute to download
hint.... please use Flashget~

>>>> It is a bit of a differnt color...
Hi, Susan. Yap ! It's the reason why I posted here, because in our local forum, the folks who used to be familar with SONY's color style, dislike the DVX100 taste of color :(
Or I do it in wrong way ? ???

>>>>Beautiful footages...especially the couple scene was very cinematic...
jooji, thanks for your positive feedback :)
 
Re: My first DVX short film, Please advise

:) surely the colour is not a porblem as you can teak it in camera to your hearts content, its not like a comsumer cam *point and shoot* where it only produces one type of colour...

And IF the colour is still not 'compete' ypou can alwas adjust it in post.
Waiting for this movie too download..
 
Re: My first DVX short film, Please advise

Nice colors,

The second video, the temple one, Really reminded me of the film Raise the Red Lantern....

I really like the glow of those lanterns..

Good job.
 
Back
Top