Multi exposure GH1

DonalDuc

Active member
petersr asks - I also :p

The new GH1 review shows a “Multi-expo” record mode, p.10, Record Menu (which some Panny P&Ss do have), but neither the GH1 user’s manual nor the record menu image shown on the same review page shows this feature. Must be either an error or part of the 1.1 firmware update. Anyone know which?

bakdttp44lwdlfm9b.jpg
 
Its always been there on my Japanese model.

3rd notch down on the self timer lever.

A little icon for it.

The settings are in the menu. You select which range of exposures you want to take and the camera goes away and shoots them all in a row (about 3 fps)
 
Multi-Expo different than autobracket (if it exists)

Multi-Expo different than autobracket (if it exists)

Thanks Commander, but I think you may be referring to autobracket mode, which is two items up from Multi-Expo on the Record menu according to the DPReview page. The Multi-expo mode might use the same lever position (top left on camera), I suppose, but it's hard to guess without a GH1 already in my hands (I'm hoping to be a July 15 J&R recipient). The odd thing is that Multi-Expo is not in the English version of the manual, so we wondered if it was a feature added in the 1.1 update.

I was hoping that the Multi-expo mode might be useful for lining up panorama or HDR exposures, since I'm not really interested in ghost images.
 
Sometimes I miss the old days of mixing exposures almost manually, before you said commanded the computer to do it. Felt like more of an accomplishment.
 
Interesting.... that multi-exposure (as opposed to bracket) thing is missing here (Australia PAL) too. I've not upgraded the firmware yet (I have enough trouble getting my head around what the original firmware offers!).
 
In camera menu "REC" there are 4x5 = 20 points ... in listing there are 21 points
dpreview = inventor of multi exposure ?
 
Back
Top