dvxwheelr
Active member
Does it help sell the story? Does it matter (to the average audience member)? Who (besides yourself) does this information serve?
Trust me - I went down this road with my first documentary.... (shot, directed, scored, written, edited, and on and on and on...). Looking back, those bigass credits I gave myself are a bit much. Even though I did all of those things (and more - poster included).
I think it's great to take pride in your project. I also think "A Paul J. Wheeler Production" or "A Film by Paul J. Wheeler" should suffice. With too many self-credits, there will be no one to blame should the film not turn out all that you'd like it to be.
Just a thought....
I was only kidding that my name should be bigger than the title. I knew David was right about it being too prominent. When I do the credits after a movie, I'm almost too embarassed to put down that I write the music also. There should be a term for someone who (because of money) has to do everything; it would make the credits a lot easier to do. Here is my latest rendition of the poster following a lot of good advice that I got from you all.