Most realistic picture profile?

rawfa

Veteran
Guys, I'm working in a place where we do a lot videos of book releases. I'm having a really hard time finding a picture profile on the A6500 that will reproduce the books' colors exactly like they are. We do a lot of these videos, so shooting in slog and then color grading is out of the question. Anyon out there can hook me up with a picture profile configuration that will allow me to do this?
 
You will have to transcode and upload to the web. As compressing the video to H.264 will change the colours again. Also, Adobe transcode to H.264 is different than Apple’s or youtube’s. So, you have to do the transcode with the tools you have.

After that, you also have to deal with how the end viewer’s system and screen display the colours.

So, you have to do your own testing.
 
Pick one of your picture profiles and set the gamma to "ITU709", and color mode to "Still" (this yields more accurate colors, at least on some Sony cameras). Erik Naso has good material on the subject.

If you want to try Log, I recommend GFILM settings and corresponding corrective LUTs.

With GFILM Log, I set zebras to 65 when exposing for caucasian skin tones, and 103 when exposing for highlights.

The only other option that comes to mind is to start the shot with a Macbeth chart next to the book.
 
Back
Top