Mixing AF-100 and GH2

Thomas Church

Active member
I'm considering getting an GH2 for use as a B-Cam for shooting dialogue sequences with two cameras.

How similar can we expect the images to be?
 
I was going to do that too, but I opted for getting 2 af-100's instead because I do a lot of 2 camera stuff. I have a feeling they may be kinda close, but a lot of testing and setting adjustment would probably need to be done to lessen the amount of work needed in post to try and match the footage.
 
I intend to mix AF101 with my GH13 and my guess is it will work fine to use the GH13 as a cut-away or odd angle camera when needed. So the GH2 should work as good.
 
I am getting the GH2 for now, will rent AF100 next year and am going to wait for Sony, Canon, Panasonic, & Red? to go mano-a-mano throughout 2011... then, I'll go with the winner...

I hope it will work as a B-Cam,- at least that's my plan...
 
I'm considering getting an GH2 for use as a B-Cam for shooting dialogue sequences with two cameras.

How similar can we expect the images to be?

I would be careful - for principal reasons - if "dialogue sequence" stands for material you really take in shot - counter shot way. May bring you in trouble when editing/grading. In doubt I would go for either two GH2's or two AG-AF's with the same settings.

As a B-cam for "additional material", like editman wrote, it should work fine. But all of this is pure "guesstimation" at the current point in time...
 
Back
Top