Micro P2 cards & HPX 3700 Varicam?

Does anyone know if Panasonic's new micro P2 cards (with the adapter) will work in the HPX 3700 Varicam? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave
 
Does anyone know if Panasonic has any future plans to include the 3700 on the list of cameras that will be able to use the micro P2 cards?
 
This is real odd that the HPX3700 isn't on the Micro P2 as it supports AVC-I 100. The only possibility I can think of is that it may be a bit of an older engineering design prior to the HPX3100 or they simply want to protect the Varicam series to not be able to use Micro P2. Same goes w/ the super fast field (laptop less) offloader AG-MSU10. Can't do Micro P2 on that. I'd imagine if it can, it will affect sales on P2 as people will likely NOT to buy any new Series F P2 cards.
 
I am a little confused, why would you want to use a Micro P2 with a HPX3700. These cards are no more reliable than a SD card, and if you ask anybody that works at a photofinishing place SD cards fail all the time. It can't be the cost of the P2 cards, if you are filming on a 3700, your camera package (body, lens, viewfinder) is $70-$100,000 what's a few hundred dollars savings on on a couple of Micro P2 cards. It's like buying a Ferrari and not wanting to spend the extra on premium gas. Am I missing something?
 
Yes, you're missing that these aren't SD cards, they're MicroP2 cards and are built with the same error detection, correction, and redundancy features that have made P2 the most reliable recording media the professional video industry has ever seen.
 
Back
Top