iFILM
Active member
Im looking into a new mic for my DVX as well as a new Tripod as I only have my dinky old Sakar tripod i used to use for my one chip which the DVX will probably shatter its that flimsy
For the mic - Im looking for a good onboard xlr shotgun. For most of my shoots I am the director and DP and don't really have another person for a boom poll. I have used the Azden SGM-1X and really liked it but I don't know the cost (guessing its around 300) I was also looking into the Sennheiser ME66 but again its a little pricey. Is there a cheaper mic that will still give great audio? or should I invest in the more expensive mic?
For the tripod- I was looking for a good manfrotto tripod. I have a manfrotto monopod and even prefer it over my old tripod I love it that much. The weight of the tripod is variable as I would get a heavier one if its better because i can just use my old tripod to travel with but would prefer a somewhat lightweight tripod.
any suggestions?
For the mic - Im looking for a good onboard xlr shotgun. For most of my shoots I am the director and DP and don't really have another person for a boom poll. I have used the Azden SGM-1X and really liked it but I don't know the cost (guessing its around 300) I was also looking into the Sennheiser ME66 but again its a little pricey. Is there a cheaper mic that will still give great audio? or should I invest in the more expensive mic?
For the tripod- I was looking for a good manfrotto tripod. I have a manfrotto monopod and even prefer it over my old tripod I love it that much. The weight of the tripod is variable as I would get a heavier one if its better because i can just use my old tripod to travel with but would prefer a somewhat lightweight tripod.
any suggestions?