Matching shotgun XLR pro mics to the new GoPro Hero 3

eqwalker

Active member
I have just recently ordered a GoPro Hero 3 to record some in-car footage w/audio. I currently have a couple of Audio Technica XLR shotgun mics that I have been using with my AF100 (phantom power) and would like to use one (or both) with the GoPro. The GoPro has only 1/8 mini jack on it. Is there any adapters or boxes to be able to use the XLR mics with the GoPro to capture sound, or should I abandon the idea and just put the AF100 in the car with the mics attached to it to use it as an audio recorder? Thanks.
 
I'd use the AF as an audio recorder. Beachtek and similar adapters normally can't supply phantom power, so your only choice would be an inferior mic, not much better than the Gopro built in mic.
 
Back
Top