Market Value?

I would start with 15% off the retail price, and go more if the condition is less than "new" or "mint", or pieces are missing, broken, etc.. or the unit has high hours.

If you want to fire sale it off than start at 20%-25% off the price and it may sell quicker.

Be cautious about people telling you what the "going price is on ebay" just to get a super discount on your mint camera. Many cameras are listed on ebay but can end up selling off the site privately to avoid ebay fees. Of course dealing off ebay is something the buyer and seller have to be comfortable with.

Good luck with your sale.
 
$345 and I will send it to you today..... just to take it off you hands I will offer $365...... I have no idea, but with the 4K and the outboard recording for the 700 just coming into age I would say it's still a top dollar camera.
 
F5, some primes and the b4 mount with a Canon x21 eng lens. I do 80% doc style corp work.
I'm just getting tired of the form factor.

I also am looking at the c300, but cant believe there is NO 1080 overcranking.
 
F5, some primes and the b4 mount with a Canon x21 eng lens. I do 80% doc style corp work.
I'm just getting tired of the form factor.

I also am looking at the c300, but cant believe there is NO 1080 overcranking.

Good call, the F5/F55 is IMO the best docu-style camera around at the moment - lightweight with great operational and shoulder mounted ergonomics. The C300 wins out for low-profile/stealthy work, but I think the F5 has it beat for pretty much everything else.
 
It might sound silly, but if the fs700 viewfinder was built off the handle like every other F-ing Sony! I probably wouldn't have gotten wanderlust in the first place. I come from a news eng background and its maddening to no end. I have come to peace with changing lenses etc..but the viewfinder-issue has always chapped my ass. Fumbling with arms and hot shoes and extra batteries just for a 4 inch monitor with a loupe is and has made me nuts. Combine that with the fact the my off board monitor never resolves red (DP4) and well you get my point.

Maybe the fs701 will have a handle lcd like the EX lines and now the F5. Until then I''ll give up 240fps to be able to shoot properly and have 100% confidence. Its like playing golf in the rain. You spend too much energy trying to stay dry with towels, gloves, shoes, covers. Sometimes you need to just surrender and commit to getting wet and just play. Stop fiddling with every damn trinket just to make things work the way the should in the first place...
 
It might sound silly, but if the fs700 viewfinder was built off the handle like every other F-ing Sony! I probably wouldn't have gotten wanderlust in the first place. I come from a news eng background and its maddening to no end. I have come to peace with changing lenses etc..but the viewfinder-issue has always chapped my ass. Fumbling with arms and hot shoes and extra batteries just for a 4 inch monitor with a loupe is and has made me nuts. Combine that with the fact the my off board monitor never resolves red (DP4) and well you get my point.

Maybe the fs701 will have a handle lcd like the EX lines and now the F5. Until then I''ll give up 240fps to be able to shoot properly and have 100% confidence. Its like playing golf in the rain. You spend too much energy trying to stay dry with towels, gloves, shoes, covers. Sometimes you need to just surrender and commit to getting wet and just play. Stop fiddling with every damn trinket just to make things work the way the should in the first place...

Not sure how the C300 would serve you better since the LCD + sound is a completely separate unit that needs to be attached via 2 large cables to the top handle. I personally have no problem with the FS700 ergonomics. I have a ver simple DIY rig that places the Small HD DP 6 (which will be replaced by the 7Q) a bit in front via the top handle and a few other items and it works great. Super light and simple. For myself, it works far better than any large rigs that most people have.

Keep in mind that the FS700 + 7Q is about $13k, but a similar F5 is easily 2x that. If you gigs can justify the price than go for it, but yeah... It's a big leap in cash.
 
Seems like the FS700R that is coming out shortly has a €500 lower retail price than the earlier model. And also has the 4K ability built in from the factory. That might or might not affect the price.
 
I'm wondering the same thing, before the holidays are in full swing for sure, right? So I'm guessing sometime in November...
 
Back
Top