Mark II -- Night Club Footage

Pretty cool stuff. Codec held its own in that situation.

I have to say though, a lot of footage I am seeing from this camera seems out of focus. How is the LCD on this thing for judging that? I understand this kind of stuff is shot WFO so I can forgive most of it but still, how good/bad is that LCD?
 
He said it wasnt his, it was just on vimeo, we will recieve ours on tuesday, will let you know then.

But from what i have read the lcd is really good,but an external monitor wouldnt go a miss, or a magnifier for the lcd.
 
Pretty cool stuff. Codec held its own in that situation.

I have to say though, a lot of footage I am seeing from this camera seems out of focus. How is the LCD on this thing for judging that? I understand this kind of stuff is shot WFO so I can forgive most of it but still, how good/bad is that LCD?

The LCD is excellent; only problem is the LCD is relatively small and you can't adjust its orientation for different kinds of shots. For casual shooting its fine, but the HDMI output to an external LCD is a great alternative.
 
Pretty nice. Seems like the 35mm is a nice lens choice. A couple more tweaks from Canon and my A1 and 5d are getting an upgrade.
 
We use one of these tethered to an external battery. It's a really light monitor and the image is very detailed, with HDMI input too.

Easily the best value for cheap monitoring.
 
You always have such great info Elton. I haven't been on the boards in a while, but you are as helpful as ever. Thanks!
 
Back
Top