Major films you've never seen.

I've never seen; Gone With the Wind or Metropolis

Like many have said, it's not a matter of not wanting to see them it's simply time... So many movies so little time.
 
I had never heard of almost famous until a week ago, I watched it and am in love. Very good film. I like Cameron Crowe and love how autobiographical the film was.

Now if only I can get to watch the shoeshank flick and pulp something or other....


(laughter)
 
I'm new to this thread, but I thought I'd add that I have almost seen NOTHING that is black and white. Or old. A couple films, sure, but only a couple and I cant even remember, specifically, any b/w film I've seen all the way through.

(You might ask the obvious like Schindler's or Clerks, but no, not even those. I tried to watch Clerks and got terribly bored.)
 
Michael Clayton owes a huge debt to this film.

As soon as the movie ended I looked around online and didn't see this comparison being made much, which surprised me. But yeah, Gilroy borrowed pretty liberally from "Howard's" character and dialogue.

...

Never seen Pulp Fiction, Taxi Driver, or Jaws.
 
Last edited:
As soon as the movie ended I looked around online and didn't see this comparison being made much, which surprised me. But yeah, Gilroy borrowed pretty liberally from "Howard's" character and dialogue.

...

Never seen Pulp Fiction, Taxi Driver, or Jaws.

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?

Go to a video store NOW, and don't post here again until you've seen them. Three of the greatest films EVER!!!!!
 
WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?

Go to a video store NOW, and don't post here again until you've seen them. Three of the greatest films EVER!!!!!

Yeah, no joke. I was feeling bad for not seeing Alien or Aliens...but wow.

All of them make such contributions to the legacy of film.
 
To say it is "a great movie" would be cliche'. But I think what you would take away from that movie is its cinematography as you would constantly murmur "this movie was from 1939!!??"

That and to constantly drool and mutter: "My God, Vivian Leigh is beautiful..." :)
 
What about films you saw but were too young to remember? I've seen Gone With the Wind, The Godfather Series, The Exorcist and the Star Wars series. What can I tell you? Brando plays a great old mobster and Han shot first. (I learned Han shot first from fans and seriously didn't think it was that big of a deal).

-Nate
 
Yeah, no joke. I was feeling bad for not seeing Alien or Aliens...but wow.

Ha ha, glad to make you feel better about yourself, Rick. :)
(Go watch Alien immediately. Forget the other three.)



And hey I should get bonus points for having seen Gone With the Wind at least 3 times. It's a perennial favorite with the women in my family. Next time they sit down to watch it I'm sticking Pulp Fiction in instead.
 
Back
Top