Lumenera 2k Industrial Camera w/ USB 3.0 (CMOSIS CMV4000)

atarijedi

Well-known member
Hey guys,

I just got an email from a company called Lumenera, they are an industrial camera company based out of Ottawa, Ontario.

They have developed a new camera, more of a camera "head", since it needs a host (tablet/computer) to use it.

It uses the 1" CMOSIS CMV4000 sensor at 2048x2048, so you could have true 2k at 1:1 pixel mapping, no binning or line skipping, it outputs RAW demosaiced video over USB 3.0, and uses a CS-Mount (comes with a C-Mount adapter).

It can do 90 fps at full resolution, it can do 8bit or 12bit video. The image sensor has a dynamic range of 60dB, but I am pretty sure that is electrical, which would mean the image you get would have closer to 40dB, meaning between 11 and 13 stops, I will see if I can get some sample footage or even a straight up answer from them on the image dynamic range.

It also offers binning and ROI, so if you wanted it to output a pixel binned 1080p, 720p, whatever, you could set it up to do that, or you could crop down to that size to keep 1:1 pixel mapping.

The camera itself is only 40mm x 40mm x 53mm. It uses USB 3, no frame grabber, so you could hook it up to a laptop or windows tablet. There is also an SDK, which supports C/C++/C#/.NET, so there is a possibility of at least android support via mono/xamarin product.

You probably also want to know the price, it is $2915 according to my contact at the company. They offer the camera in colour and mono, so if you wanted a mono version for astrophotography/astrovideography, you can get it for that as well.

They have another camera which uses the CMV2000 2/3" sensor, 2048x1088, 180fps, the rest of the specs are similar.

http://www.lumenera.com/usb3/index.php

And no, I am not affiliated with the company, I just really enjoy industrial cameras!
 
Any idea of the pricing for the CMV2000 ?

Hey guys,

I just got an email from a company called Lumenera, they are an industrial camera company based out of Ottawa, Ontario.

They have developed a new camera, more of a camera "head", since it needs a host (tablet/computer) to use it.

It uses the 1" CMOSIS CMV4000 sensor at 2048x2048, so you could have true 2k at 1:1 pixel mapping, no binning or line skipping, it outputs RAW demosaiced video over USB 3.0, and uses a CS-Mount (comes with a C-Mount adapter).

It can do 90 fps at full resolution, it can do 8bit or 12bit video. The image sensor has a dynamic range of 60dB, but I am pretty sure that is electrical, which would mean the image you get would have closer to 40dB, meaning between 11 and 13 stops, I will see if I can get some sample footage or even a straight up answer from them on the image dynamic range.

It also offers binning and ROI, so if you wanted it to output a pixel binned 1080p, 720p, whatever, you could set it up to do that, or you could crop down to that size to keep 1:1 pixel mapping.

The camera itself is only 40mm x 40mm x 53mm. It uses USB 3, no frame grabber, so you could hook it up to a laptop or windows tablet. There is also an SDK, which supports C/C++/C#/.NET, so there is a possibility of at least android support via mono/xamarin product.

You probably also want to know the price, it is $2915 according to my contact at the company. They offer the camera in colour and mono, so if you wanted a mono version for astrophotography/astrovideography, you can get it for that as well.

They have another camera which uses the CMV2000 2/3" sensor, 2048x1088, 180fps, the rest of the specs are similar.

http://www.lumenera.com/usb3/index.php

And no, I am not affiliated with the company, I just really enjoy industrial cameras!
 
there was another thread a long while back where a fellow was working on a little camera system based on such heads, but unless you have the cash to really tinker with something that may not end up being useful....
 
sounds really interesting! great to watch the progress everyone is making in those threads! If you have the tools available to get a working camera/rig out of it - why not?
 
Back
Top